Monday 8 August 2016

Update number 2

So, today is a week on from my first post. Remember how I said this would be to keep me busy over the summer holidays? Yep, I'm full of shite. Instead this week, I have been to York for my Mam's birthday, eaten out (shock) and had one too many rose wines (shock).

Before I begin rabbeting on again, I would like to thank everyone who has read this little blog. The support I've had from my friends for pottering on doing this has been wonderful and I have received nothing but kind words from everyone which I am very grateful for. However, Rory, if you are reading this, soz this one isn't an emotional heartfelt post about you, you miserable shite.


Back to business...

In this post, I would like to share two of my favourite beauty related finds in a while. One of these is Shanghai Nails, a little nail shop in North Shields which is not only a bargain but has the nicest staff. As you may be able to tell by the name, the staff are Chinese, much like the infamous Hollywood Nails. I, like many others, have used Hollywood for my nails for years, despite constantly vowing never to go back. Once the nails are off, you're left with peeling nails, sore cuticles and ruined nail beds. My own personal horror story was a man leaving the drill on my nail for too long and burning a hole in the middle of my nail. Yup. Disgusting. If only they were on TripAdvisor.

Back to Shanghai. Although it looks a dump from the outside, the staff are lovely and I picked up a set of infills, gel polish and jewels for less than £20. I can't stop recommending this place to people, even those who don't live local.



My next special find is East Terrace Hair in Newcastle. Prior to having my first appointment here a year or so ago, I had been a customer of another well established hairdressers in Newcastle. However, that relationship soon went sour when the hairdresser didn't protect my clothes from the bleach and ended up bleaching a £35 t-shirt.

Earlier in the year, my lovely hairdresser helped me go from a chocolate brown to blonde in one session and earlier this week I went grey! That's right, a full on blue rinse. I LOVE IT!

Nothing is impossible for the team and they are so friendly, I can't imagine going anywhere else. They don't even mind when I show up with my unbrushed hair!

My new grey hair!

My hair transformation in March - brunette to blonde.

Have you found any new beauty places you can't stop raving about?

xA

2 comments: